Deacon Bob’s Homilies — Click to Read

Nineteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time – Cycle C

Prodigal Son Homily

Third Sunday of Advent

9 Responses to Deacon Bob’s Homilies — Click to Read

1. John Farnen says:

Deacon Bob,

I was hoping to find your homily on “Temptation” from the 1st Sunday in Lent here. I hope you will include this in your list of online homilies. It would be worth reviewing each day during Lent. Perhaps by better understanding the three elements of temptation, one might better withstand it. Thank you for the wonderful homily.

John F.

Hi John,

I will be posting the audio of the homily as soon as I can get to it. I will post the transcript here also.

Thanks for all you, and your family, do for the parish.

Deacon Bob

3. Janice Hoeschler says:

Hi Bob, I hope I can read some of your homilies while I am in Florida for part of the winter. You do such a good job!! Keep me posted, Janice Hoeschler.

Hi Janice,

I try to post a copy of the homilies in written form, but I always put an audio recording of them on the main page of the blog.

Hope your travels to a warmer climate is peaceful. Thanks for the “street ministry” you so admirably performed recently.

Deacon Bob

5. Deacon Stephen Vancleve says:

Deacon Bob,

. Your homilies are wonderful. I am working on a homily bank for myself for reference to future homilies. This past weekend I used your homily on the Transfiguration of course I critiqued it to fit myself and parish but it worked for me. I was wondering if you offer other homilies that are not listed..

Deacon Stephen,

Thank you for your comment. I try to post all my homilies here on my blog. They are posted the day I give them as the post for the day, and then I try to put the text on the homilies page that you see here.

Thank you for your diaconal ministry to the Church. May I ask which diocese you serve?

7. Deacon Stephen Vancleve says:

I serve in Lafayette Diocese….

Thank- you and God Bless!

8. Anthony Okon says:

hi Deacon Bob! I love your homilies. I wish to seek your permission to make use of them in my homilies as a deacon as well as a priest. They are great and heart touching reflections and they touch on practical issues as well. thank you and keep it up.
    I am from Nigeria, Archdiocese of Abuja.

Dear Anthony,

You have my permission to use them as homilies if you are ordained to the diaconate. I hope you not read them but rather use them to inspire yourself to preach more effectively to your parish.

Feel free to tell me more about yourself. Are you a transitional deacon?

Deacon Bob Yerhot